I forgot to post my funny story from last week. I am the chorister for the ward, so I generally don't really look at the program-- since I know what songs they are anyway (I choose them). So I got to church last week and sat down, chatting with my roommates, when Heather leaned over and said, "You're speaking today?"
"I'm...what?"
Never heard from any member of the bishopric about this, and I hadn't even been there in weeks, since I had been on Christmas break, then a farewell, then Seattle. Welcome back, I guess. So before the service started, I went up to the front and brought it up. The one announcing said, "Yeah, you're right, you're not speaking," and corrected it. The bishop just laughed about it, and the other counselor said, "What do you mean you're not? We had you planned for 20 minutes!" I told him I could do a tap number, but I wasn't very prepared for that.
Anyway, I just thought it was funny. "Bishop? I was never informed that I was supposed to speak today..."
Sunday, February 1, 2009
I'm What?
Posted by Katrina at 9:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
They do sometimes have people speak impromptu, but they don't usually list those on the program. It was nice they gave you 5 minutes' notice! (Even though it was a mistake.) Welcome back to church. Perhaps it was the bishopric's way of pointing out your inactivity?
Post a Comment