Saturday, January 24, 2009

Big Deal Around Here


So the new Draper Temple has been occupying a bit of our time lately. We were complaining (and yes, we knew how ridiculous it was) that it would be taking maybe five or ten minutes longer to get to our new temple than our old one. But now that we've seen the inside of the new one, I think we'll stop complaining. Mark and I had the opportunity of ushering one day, after which we got a quick, self-guided tour of the temple. Then we got to help serve food another day for some VIP tours, during which time Camilla got to sneak through with a couple of families in the ward. Our family will tour soon; I will have another ushering assignment in the next couple weeks; and then Mark and I will get an opportunity one morning in March to spend a few hours in a sealing room, taking a few moments to explain the purpose of those rooms to the visitors. I'm also spending every Sunday evening at choir practice for a dedication session choir. (We get dedication session #3.) It's a beautiful temple (as are they all), but I think the font area is the most beautiful one I remember seeing.

Meanwhile, I keep going to the Jordan River temple. I'll miss it, but I think I'll keep going there sometimes for the convenience and familiarity, and probably just out of loyalty. It will be hard to make the shift--like losing an old friend. This is the one where I started attending weekly at the suggestion of my friend and now more than weekly because of the production of my husband and his family history work. (So many DeGrandgagnage's, so little time!)

1 comments:

Mark said...

Oh, you just gotta love those DeGrandgagnage's, it's a fun name to pronounce but even more fun to hear others pronounce it!!