Friday, May 9, 2008

More babysitting stories

So, I went babysitting again this weekend. It was for the same family, but this time, they didn't have the three cousins. So it was the little girl, Brindly, and the little boy, Branson. When I got there, Branson was in the tub, so I spent about a half hour playing with Brindly. While there, I had a few interesting conversations with Brindly.

Brindly: "Look at this new outfit I got!"
Me: "Wow! It's very cute."
"I know. Cause we're really rich, so we can gets whatever I wants."
"Oh. . ." * trying to hold in laugh*
"Can we go outside and jump on the tramp?"
"Sure, but only until Branson gets out of the tub, then it's your turn."
"Okay. But we have to go in the backyard. Not the front."
"Okay."
"Cause, my mommy, she told me that this girl, she went in the front yard, and somebody just took her! They just took her."
"Oh. . ."
"And then, she got murder. Do you know what murder is?"
"Um. . .yeah. . ."
"Yeah. I don't want to get murder. It isn't a good thing. So let's stay in the backyard, okay?"
"Alright, we will."

Then, while she was in the tub and I was washing her hair, she just flopped back in the tub and laughed. I kinda laughed then said,
"Okay, can you sit back up?"
"But this feels like the time I went to the hair cutter lady's place, and she wetted my hair, but only it was in a sink! It feels good."
"Oh. Yeah."
"Yeah. I want to grow my hair to my ankels."
"REally?"
"Yeah. And then, when it gets to my feet, I want them to cutted it off back to my ankles, but I'm worried that when they do cutted it off, that they'll cut my feet."
"Oh, I'm sure they'll be careful."
"I hopes so. I don't want my feet to get hurt."

Also, a while back, they're mom, and one of my friends told me a babysitting chaos story. The one that the kid's mom told me was this:
She was babysitting six kids. First, one of the kids basically flooded the kitchen. After many hours, she got the first four to bed, but not the oldest two. Now, the oldest two are a boy and a girl. They're a year apart, and share the same room. When she walked into there room, they were completely naked, and sitting next to each other on the bed. When she asked what they were doing, there reply was, "Well we were just doing what mommy and daddy were doing. . ."
Yeah.

The one my friend told me was this:
There were three kids: a boy, a toddler girl, and a baby girl who was old enough to crawl. First, they went outside, where the boy lost his shoes, and the girl stepped on a bee. They went inside, when my friend realized the baby girl was missing. She spent twenty minutes searching for her, and finally found her under the parents bed hiding from her. So then, the kids wanted to go outside again. The girl was still crying from the bee sting. My friend was distracted on helping the toddler girl, when she heard this 'bump!' and realized the baby had fallen off the deck. After helping those injuries, they decided maybe it was better if they stayed inside. So they put on a movie. After a couple of minutes, the VCR started smoking, and the TV starting sparking. She said she just starting random buttons, and finally got it to stop smoking. When the parents came home, this is what she said:
"Well, he lost his shoes, she got a bee sting, she bumped her head and something seriously wrong with your VCR and TV."
She didn't bother to mention that the baby went missing for twenty minutes. She also said that that was two years ago, and she hasn't gotten a babysitting job since.

0 comments: