Yes, it was tough. Six days in paradise. Good weather. Ocean view. We suffered through it. The first question everyone asks is, "Where is your tan?" Katrina's repsonse is, "It wouldn't fit it the carry-on luggage." I wasn't clever enough to think up a snappy comeback. Had I thought, I would have said, "It didn't make it through the agricultural inspection."
Being the sunburn-proned people and one sun-allergy person that we are, we choose activities other than sun-worshipping type. So this trip we went waterfall hunting
and lighthouse viewing. (Waterfalls were on both Oahu and the Big Island. The lighthouses were just on Oahu.)
Also managed to get in a 16th birthday, a volcano, and a temple.
And now we're back, facing reality, laundry, school, work, etc. Oh, well. Paradise on this earth is only temporary, I suppose. At least there's updates on Andrew and his family, without whom the trip just wasn't the same!
1 comments:
What a beautiful family I have! Loved the picture of everyone in their island garb in front of the temple!
Post a Comment