Ran my first 5K today. For a moment I was thinking what a great accomplishment it was -- given that I just started running EVER IN MY LIFE at the end of March of this year. And it went well. It was for a good cause (charity event for my old roommate's grandson), I ran the whole time, kept a decent pace, passed a lot of people (many of whom were much younger!). Mark was kind and ran with me the whole way. It was his first 5K also. He has run exactly one 10K (his first race, probably about 21 years ago) and 29 marathons. So in the end, this seemed like a very trivial thing I did. Just not the same as a marathon. But it was a big deal for me. (I keep reminding myself.) Here is our "after" picture. At least I look in better shape than he does after his marathons!
Saturday, November 3, 2012
Another First!
Posted by Stimpson Mom at 5:53 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
27WAY PROUD OF YOU!!! I love this teamwork thing you've worked out. He's a cute date! Your family is no doubt proud, and your grandkids are almost as cute as mine.... wah?? (: great job!
i don't know why it has 27?? I'm not a robot - but it wanted me to type that - you're comment blog doesn't like me.... ):
And I am so proud of her too. When you think of where she started those month's ago and how well she did, it's impressive. She had a great pace throughout and there were plenty of ups and downs throughout the run too. Well done!!
Way to go mama! I may not approve of this running thing, but I am very proud of you :) Great cause, too.
Post a Comment