Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A little late, but to the best father I know!















Been thinking a lot about this guy as Father's Day approached. Still thinking a lot about him. I can't believe how incredibly blessed I was by getting to marry him. I knew he was great at the time of our wedding, but he has just proven over the years to be so much better than I could have realized. It is such a joy to me to watch my girls relate to him. I am so grateful that they can just call and talk to him or go to him when they have questions that need a dad's answer. I'm grateful that there are things (other than math, spelling, or grammar) that he is the "family expert" on. I honestly have never met a better man. Still manages to drive me nuts, but that would be pretty much because he's a boy and I'm a girl and those two are fundamentally at odds on some things.


I have been asked often if Mark wishes he had a son. I can honestly say he has never expressed any regrets whatsoever about the fact that he has only girls. He just truly loves his daughters. And now he's getting sons-in-law, which so far has been a great experience.



So thanks to my very best husband. I may not be eloquent in expressing it, but I love you to bits!

5 comments:

Bethany said...

He's pretty much the best dad I ever had! You two are so cute and I am glad to be your favorite child.

Mark said...

Such nice comments and you are so wonderful too. I wish I had thought to write something about you on Mother's Day. Just in recognizing me is an example of how nice you are. Mark

Mommason Hillary said...

you guys are all squishy gushy lovie dovey... grammatically incorrect spelling there - but you get the picture right?

Mommason Hillary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katrina said...

I'm sad I missed this post when you posted it. But I love my daddy! He gave us a great example (as did our mom) and helped us so much all through our lives. Thanks for making us awesome :)