Tagged by Bethany so I would update the blog?? Not sure this qualifies as an update, but it's at least a new entry.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper for family; gift bags for others so it looks pretty. But without the wrapping paper, I wouldn't be able to do my now-famous tags. Okay, they're only famous inside the family, but it's my favorite part!
2. Real tree or artificial?
Artificial. Dad's and Katrina's allergies, you know.
3. When do you put up the tree?
Gets later each year, it seems. Keep trying to coordinate it with the schedule of that one college kid we have, but it seems she's always busy when we're available and vice-versa.
4. When do you take the tree down?
This year it was after Andrew had cleared the bottom third of ornaments. I decided it was time to stop fighting it.
5. Do you like eggnog?
Nope.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
Something I didn't even know the name of but I just looked it up and it's called a Newtonian Demonstrator or Newton's Cradle. (We always called it the "five-ball thingy.")
7. Hardest person to buy for?
My mother.
8. Easiest person to buy for?
Andrew. And his little sister.
9. Do you have a nativity scene?
Two small ones. Wish we had a really nice one. I'll try to inherit my mother's.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Definitely the gag gifts Mark's family sends (or now some of the nieces/nephews on my side) in retaliation for what Mark gives them. Thanks, Mark. Mary comes up with some pretty interesting books for me that way.
12. Favorite Christmas movie?
Charlie Brown Christmas, Muppet's Christmas Carol, and It's a Wonderful Life in that order.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
I used to try to be done (with Christmas and Katrina's and Bethany's birthday shopping--silly of me to have kids at that season!) before Katrina's birthday, about a week before Thanksgiving. I only made that goal a few times. I actually start early in the fall, but the majority gets done late November-ish.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Only the gag gifts (see #11)
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Orange rolls and cinnamon rolls on Christmas morning.
16. Lights on the tree?
Yes. Would be sort of boring without, wouldn't it? (They're colored, and I put them on. The girls and I do the tree while Mark does his Christmas scene.)
17. Favorite Christmas song?
The Eyes of A Child by Air Supply, I Heard the Bells on Christmas Day from the hymnbook, and almost any Christmas song sung by the Tabernacle choir.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
Home
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Yes. Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, and unofficially Rudolf. I know it from the song.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Star, but I'm not terribly in love with the one we have. Have never found the perfect tree-topper. Bethany's sounds cool, though.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
One on Christmas Eve, the rest Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year?
SO MUCH Christmas music on the radio before December. I don't liked to be pushed into these things.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color?
Disney (plus a few sentimental favorites--the three bells my grandmother made, for example). This was actually the first year our tree had a theme other than "put on everything that will fit"!
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner?
Something easy that everyone likes. The past few years it has been chili.
25. What did you want for Christmas this year?
Pretty much everything that I bought for the family to give me. (And how many other women do the same thing?)
Saturday, January 2, 2010
Christmas survey
Posted by Stimpson Mom at 9:44 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comments:
So I liked reading this but you missed the favorite Christmas memory of having the kids ride the tree box down the stairs...
Post a Comment