Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Observations on answers:

Since I'm "the Mom" I am going to give my wisdom/perspective about a couple things on the recent tagging that all 3 girls responded to on their various blogs:

Question 7 (correct pronunciation of gyro): I was told by a man of Greek descent that it was pronounced heero. But before I made a fool of myself by saying that, I looked it up various places (not just one!) online and the consensus seems to be that it varies a bit according to region. But it seems to be more commonly correct to drop the "h" sound and just prounounce it yee-ro.

Question 27 (music trend you would like to eliminate): I found it interesting that Screamo was the answer given by all my children. And I'm so old I didn't even know what that was. Maybe I'll look into it so I can annoy my children further.

Question 22 (skill you'd like to master): I also found it interesting that all three of my children mentioned, in one way or another, singing as part or all of this answer. Must be genetic, given that that's the one skill above all others I now wish I had developed. (Let that be a lesson to you, my children--go learn now while you're young! Make your parents pay for the lessons, if you must.)

And thus endeth my wisdom.

7 comments:

Milla said...

No. I want to develop the talent of professional whistling.

Bethany said...

They all copied me. I wrote "screamo" first. Everybody loves me and wants to be like me. Or we all hate screamo. . . something along those lines.

Katrina said...

I already have the talent of professional whistling. That is to say, I'm pretty amazing at it now, but I want to get like, even better. Make my living out of it. ppppbbbt!

Anonymous said...

Interesting reading

Anonymous said...

I really loved reading this and I must admit that my favorite person of all is my son in law Mark because he is so amazing and cool, especially at professional whistling. He is the best...

Anonymous said...

I also love my granddaughter Camilla. She is probably the most beautiful, talented, funny, princess-like, great, fairest granddaughter of them all! And she is MY granddaughter! Forget about that middle child...what was her name again?

Katrina said...

I think you guys should stop hacking grandma's computer.