Thursday, March 19, 2009

Got Myself in Trouble

Katrina feels validated. I just felt stupid. For the Temple Dedication Choir (session #3) that I'm singing in, I'm on the end of one of the rows--started out on the second row but got bumped to the front row because I couldn't see, much to my dismay (being bumped to the first row--I didn't care that I couldn't see). Anyway, walking into the Celestial room to sing (we don't stay in there the whole time, just come in to sing and then leave again), I have to lead our row in at the same time as the second row. They stressed over and over how we had to hurry, had to do the whole thing in no more than 35 seconds because that's how long it took each of the first two choirs to get into position, etc. So not even thinking about my walking speed except to realize that at the time I was wearing my silly skirt that won't let me take big steps so it was slowing me down, I walked as quickly as possible as I led the group in and into position. Well, we were thrilled when we heard we had shaved 8 seconds off the record and did it in a mere 27 seconds! And then the guy said, "Um, you looked hurried." We said, "But you told us to hurry." And then he said, "I hate to say this, but you went too fast." Couldn't even believe it. I kind of quietly said, "If you don't want to go fast, then don't put me in the front of the line." It honestly didn't occur to me that I shouldn't walk my normal fast pace--I forget that I have an abnormal walking speed. Guess the family is right. But we probably beat all the other groups!! Eight seconds!!!! Take that you other choirs!!

2 comments:

Matt Hillary said...

WOO HOO!! Go The Queen! The "Disney Shuffle" in action!

Katrina said...

Finally! Someone else confirms that my mother's speed walking is too fast. They probably looked hurried trying to keep up with you. :) But way to go on shaving 8 seconds off! DON'T TOUCH THE FIRST PRESIDENCY'S CHAIRS! :)